-Commodore 64 emulator for Symbian devices
Latest version: 0.5.0
Updated 12. May 2003
This is the homepage for E32Frodo, the C64 emulator for Symbian OS. It was ported from Christian Bauer's original Frodo for Amiga. The emulator is free, including free source code aswell. You are welcome to improve E32Frodo. Porting was done by Jal Panvel and Alfred E. Heggestad. Porting to Nokia 9210 was done by Hannu Viitala. E32Frodo is one of the few Open Source projects for the Symbian platform.
There are two different versions of E32Frodo, one for 16 color machines and one for 256 color machines. Hopefully these will merge into one version soon.
- 12. May 2003
Version 0.5.0 for Nokia 9210 and Series 60 platform released by Hannnu ;)
- 25. June 2002
Finally, here is version 0.41 with superb sound for Nokia 9210! Thanks for Hannu and Petteri for this nice hack.
- 21. January 2002
Version 0.40 is out, including sound support for ER5 devices, better joystick handling, recognisers for snapshot files and more. The source tree was merged back with the original directory structure before put on CVS at SourceForge, hence the jump in version number. Joystick firebutton is now CTRL key instead of space. Enjoy!
- 30. August 2001
We are slowly moving to Sourceforge, and e32frodo.sourceforge.net is already registered. In the future, you will find us here or here. You can start by subscribing to the mailing lists.
- 26. August 2001
As of today, the E32Frodo C64 emulator is voted to be the second most popular application for the Nokia 9210 by the My-Communicator.com website! Look here for the poll.
- 26. August 2001
We are considering moving to Sourceforge.net so that we can use a CVS server. Please tell us if you would like to participate in the development. We are already using Sourceforge for ESidPlay development, look here for more information.
Supported Symbian devices
- Nokia 9210 (ER6/Crystal)
- Oregon Osaris (ER5)
- Psion Series 5 (ER5)
- Psion Series 5mx (ER5)
- Psion Series 7 (ER5)
- Psion netBook (ER5)
- Psion Revo (ER5)
- ER6 Binaries for Series 60 platform (Nokia 7650, etc)
- ER6 Binaries for Nokia 9210
- ER5 Binaries
- Mirror sites
You can also try one of the mirrors offering binaries for e.g. Nokia 9210:
See here for the most recent change log (in CVS)
- 0.41 Sound support for Nokia 9210, zoom and stretch, and more
- 0.40 New sourcetree, sound for ER5, snapshot and recognisers
- 0.30 Updated some batch files and Makefile
- 0.29 Merged with ER6 version
- 0.26 Added support for viewing Toolbar or not
- 0.25 Minor changes, adopted to ER3 machines.
- 0.24 First public version.
ER5 version (WINS emulator)
ER6 version (Nokia 9210 emulator)
Sony Ericsson P800
- Original Frodo: www.uni-mainz.de/~bauec002/FRMain.html
- Jal's homepage: www.pansoftware.com
- C64 games: skyscraper.fortunecity.com/alpha/236/c64.html
- Symbian developer: www.symbian.com/developer
- Christian Bauer
- Dave Chapman
- Hannu J. Viitala (Hannu.J.Viitala at mbnet.fi)
- Jal Panvel (Jal.Panvel at pansoftware.com)
- Petteri Kallio
- Alfred E. Heggestad (edmund at roland.org)
feedback to edmund at roland.org